If you are like many IBM i users, you frequently need to get information from a DB2 database. This request for information, or query, can be easily described and run using the IBM DB2 Web Query for System i product (more frequently referred to as simply DB2 Web Query).
This course begins with an introduction to relational database terminology and DB2 Web Query facilities. You will see how to access and log into DB2 Web Query, and how to access the DB2 Web Query help facility.
You will then see how to define and run queries. Starting with very basic queries, you will proceed to more advanced queries, such as a query that generates summary data and a query that joins two files. The course ends by describing DB2 Web Query's report formatting capabilities.
NOTE: This course covers the 1.1 version of the product. To use the V2.2 product, students should also take the free tutorials provided by IBM.
Approximate Study Time: 2 hours
Approximate Study Time: 120 minutes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use and define relational database terminology
- Log into DB2 Web Query
- Create a DB2 Web Query synonym for a DB2 file
- Access the DB2 Web Query help facility
- Log off DB2 Web Query
- Select the fields that are included for each record returned by a query
- Select the records that are returned by a query
- Return records from a file in a specified order
- Run a query
- Save a query
- Define a query that creates a new field, the contents of which are derived from existing fields
- Define a query that joins two files
- Define a query that returns only summary data
- Define a query that generates a detail report that includes totals and/or subtotals
- Create metadata for a Query for i query
- Use DB2 Web Query to run a Query for i query
- Hide a field in a report
- Define your own column headings in a report
- Define a report heading and footing for a report
- Have DB2 Web Query edit numeric data
- Use Report Assistant Report Options to change the look of a report
Introduction to DB2 Web Query
Defining and Running a Basic Query
Deriving a New Field from Existing Fields
Joining Records from Two or More Files
Generating Summary Data
Working with Query for i Queries
Enhancing Your Reports
This course is intended for anyone interested in using DB2 Web Query to create and run queries.
This course assumes that you have a basic knowledge of IBM i concepts, terminology, and use. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the Manta series Introduction to the IBM i Environment.
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.