If you are like many IBM i users, you frequently need to get information from a DB2 database. This request for information, or query, can be easily described and run using the IBM Query Manager product.
This course begins with an introduction to Query Manager terminology and facilities. It then describes how to start and end a Query Manager session, and how to examine and change your Query Manager profile settings. You will then see how to define and run queries. Starting with very basic queries, you will proceed to more advanced queries, such as a query that generates summary data and a query that joins two files. The course ends by describing how to generate a report from the data returned by a query.
Approximate Study Time: 2 hours
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the uses for Query Manager
- Use and define Query Manager terminology
- Start and end a Query Manager session
- Examine and/or modify your Query Manager profile settings
- Define a query that:
- Returns all records and all fields in a file
- Returns records from a file in a specified order
- Returns only selected fields from each record in a file
- Returns only selected records from a file
- Creates a new field that is derived from existing fields
- Generates summary data
- Joins two files
- Run a query
- Define a report form that:
- Changes the format of the data returned by a query
- Specifies column headers for the data returned by a query
- Uses a control break
- Prints page headers and/or footers
- Prints report headers and/or footers
Introduction to Query Manager
Query Manager Sessions
Defining and Running a Basic Query
Advanced Querying Capabilities
Creating a Report Form
This course is intended for anyone interested in using Query Manager to query a DB2 database.
This course assumes that you have a basic knowledge of IBM i concepts, terminology, and use. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the Manta series Introduction to the IBM i Environment.
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.